FREE TO THE PUBLIC! YOU’RE INVITED!
Birmingham City Council President Pro Tempore Crystal Smitherman and Red Mountain Theatre present her annual Black History Month celebration!
We are anticipating several dozen students to participate this year in Pro Tem Smitherman’s Annual Black History Program entitled YOUTHSPEAK: A Celebration of Black History
This will be an Interdisciplinary fine and performing arts event at Red Mountain Theatre. The event will take place on Friday, February 24 at 9:30 AM and last for approximately 90 minutes.
- Birmingham City School’s POETRY OUT LOUD winners
- Ramsay High School (theatre + dance)
- Holy Family Cristo Rey Catholic HS (theatre)
- Carver High School Orchestra (music)
- Carver High School and Hudson K-8 combined choir (music)
- Huffman Middle School (theatre)
Please make plans to attend and enjoy the talents of our students. This event is FREE TO THE PUBLIC and we encourage you to help us spread the word!