District 6! Do you need help getting your roof repaired? Maybe it’s your HVAC?
Starting Feb 17, 2023, the City of Birmingham is collecting applications for the critical repair program. City will accept them from February 17-28, 2023.
Here are some of the eligible repairs that qualify under this program:
- Roof Replacement
- HVAC repair or replacement
- Plumbing repairs
- Electrical repairs
- Limited sewer repairs
- Limited structural repairs
- Exterior painting
Homeowners within the City of Birmingham that meet income and occupancy requirements are eligible.
Homeowner eligibility is defined as:
- Applicant must occupy home and provide proof of ownership (Recorded Deed).
- Applicant must occupy home and provide proof of occupancy (Utility bill or State ID with address).
- Applicant must qualify as low to moderate income and provide proof of income for ALL household residents (Current year Social Security award letter, Last two (2) months of Paycheck stubs, Retirement or Pension Statement, etc..).
- Applicants must provide last (2) months of bank statements.
Only completed applications will be accepted.
Due to funding, only the first 200 eligible applications will be accepted. Applicants over this number will be placed on a waiting list, and as funds become available, they may be contacted.
Link to the application: https://www.birminghamal.gov/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2023-Critical-Repair-Grant-Applications.pdf